17092: Loccm: Re: 17089: Saint-Vil Re: 17087: who gains by fueling Rwanda style violence?

From: LOCCM@aol.com

I am also stationed in Haiti (by choice since I am retired)and admit to
being a
little dense at times but I do not understand your point.  I am sure that
it is
my fault and not yours.  Are you saying that the acts that you depict are
committed by the Lavalas or by someone trying to make the Lavalas look
bad.  It
doesn't really concern me who did it.  My heart is saddened as I have seen
the
situation in the country worsen steadily since I arrived in 1971.  Is any
political group in power responsible in any way for killings, kidnappings,
robberies, lack of employment, inflation, mountains of trash, infrequent E
D H,
roads that are sometimes impassible, loss of tourism, loss of hope,
hunger,
injustice and other problems that inflict misery on those that I have
chosen to
serve in the last years of my life?   I doubt that finger pointing by me
or
anyone else will correct the situation one iota.  We just buried a 14 year
old
boy that we found in the village adjacent to one of our orphanages.  He
was
starving and we carried him to a hospital where he died two days later.  I
doubt that he or his family cared who caused their problems.  They were so
involved in trying to find something to eat that they probably didn't even
vote
and what difference would it have made if they had tried to cast a ballot?
I haven't given up trying to make at least a little difference but I have
admit to being a little discouraged at times, especially when I try to get
some
routine thing done like buying plates for my vehicle.  I pray for better
days.
John Ba Mwe