17114: Saint-Vil answers Marassa (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

The person writing under the pseudonym Marassa wrote:

"Monsieur Saint-Vil wants to believe that chimeres are figments of
imperialist/racist media empires based in washington."

1. I never wrote anywhere that Haiti does not, like America, have criminals
who are used to conduct political assassinations. What I refute, is the
assertion that the term "chimè" translates simply into "pro-Aristide gang
members". We know the history of our people's struggle. If today many find
it perfectly acceptable that Winnie Mandela be rotting in jail while
murderers like P.W. Botha and Frederick de Klerc enjoy the good life, it is
because we live among self-delusional cowards who like to portray themselves
as defenders of justice. Likewise, in Haiti today, a cycle of violence has
been set in motion whereby the street level folks are finger-pointed as the
source of evil... but tell me who armed all these young people ? Who 'lost'
a truck full of heavy guns in the middle of Site Soley ? Who made Jean
Tatoune, a tried and convicted murderer, great leader of the opposition who
- strangely enough does not bear the title 'chimè'  - is it because he does
not carry the Lavalas gene?

" Lyall and many others KNOW that chimeres exist...they here, they there,
they everywhere. some of them have nice dreds."

Oh I see, it is not the holes in the pants, but the pharaonic African-styled
hair. I certainly can't argue against this. Even Baby Doc knew that folks
with large Afros in the late 70s early 80s belonged in jail (my older
brother almost got a taste of this justice in the good old days of law and
order). These dred wearing folks  are absolutely incompatible with the
'handsome young men' image  the former  U.S. Ambassador told us he wants to
see as the new breed of well -groomed Haitians in charge of his colony.

Yes, these dreds are indeed everywhere, they seem to have actually infected
America. Ask Bobby McPharen and Wyclef Jean. Maybe we should ask Baby Bush
to quickly advance his preventive invasion...surely this 'dred-ful evil'
must be eradicated right away and before elections 2004  - in the name of
demokkkrasi of course!

Jafrikayiti
«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.i-port.net/sd-in-j/