17406: Lyall: Re: 17266: Kathleen: seeks maleria advice (fwd)

From: j.david lyall <j.david@lyalls.net>

I would certainly advise in favor of taking chloroquine in the
prophylactic dosages.
That would be one tab a week. They are cheap here, expensive in north america.
Chloroquine also requires a doctors prescription in the usa. Dunno
about kanada.

I think that malaria is on the upsurge here. Many people whom I know
have gotten
sick with malaria in the past two years after 10 or 20 years of
resistance. New strains are possibly arriving.

I personally had two malaria infections last year, one without chills
n fever. Asymptomatic.
That can be very dangerous. Cerebral malaria can come upon one in
that state very quickly.