17801: Kathleen: Re: 17795: Saint-Vil: Haiti Solidarite 2004 (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

Dear Saint Vil:
    It's really hard for those of us who are white - and brown, and Asian -
and love Haiti to read your post without feeling bad.  Really, this is just
as rascist - lumping all white people together- as those who are anti-black,
asian, indian.  Did you read Marvel's post from the Bahamas?  He expressed
very well his indignation, as a black man in the Caribbean, to wholesale
demands for support of all black leaders, despite their deeds.  Do you
really mean what you said?  Perhaps if you reread your post you would see
that your position is unfair to a lot of individuals, regardless of race.
If I remember correctly, you are the person who shared those marvelous
photos and commentary of backpacking Americans in Haiti with the list.
Wasn't one of those travelers white?  Are we going to institute a Traveling
While White ban to match the unjust Driving While Black?  Two wrongs, etc.

Sincerely, Kathleen Burke