17802: Re: 17794: Kathleen: Re: 17791: Reid - Abduction

From: Deborah David <deborah822@yahoo.com>

I think I know who you are talking about. They live in Mirebalais. They
are
great people. They were building a cultural center there for kids. After
hearing what they went to and how they didn't let that stop them, but
actually
kept them determined I was really moved. They were so hospitable to a
colleague
and I even though we were strangers and they had reason to be weary of
people.
They were actually robbed of materials (instruments, art supplies, etc.)
that
they were going to use for the cultural center. God bless them for not
giving
up on such a positive plan.

Bad things happen everywhere, everyday, and Haiti is no exception. I would
only
recommend to people to be careful wherever you may travel anywhere in the
world. Don't let fear make you miss out on an opportunity to learn and
enjoy
new and different places, people and cultures.