17989: Perry Christie is a liar by Serge Pierre-Louis (fwd)

From: Serge Pierre-Louis <sergepierrelouis@journalist.com>

Perry Christie is a big liar (version française à venir) <?xml:namespace prefix
= o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

There is a way we say it in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Haiti: Ou manti kou chen (you
are lying like a dog). I heard -when the news came up- some people saying Perry
Christie is crazy, and others: he must be drunk. Why not all three! We are all
sure the Prime Minister of Bahamas did not make the statement innocently, for
actually the biggest part of the treasury of the poorest nation (Haiti) goes
three ways. 1) Fat bank accounts for Aristide and surrogates. 2) Big checks for
lobbyists. 3) Money for treating his militiamen (chimè) and propagandists.

Aristide is the most popular?

Perry Christie can take as pretext the show Aristide staged the first of
January this year in front of the National Palace. Well, I was not there (guess
where I was?); but let us admit Aristide “realized” over 100.000 people. Perry
Christie is well-placed to know what State money can do. François Duvalier, at
the pick of his dictatorship came up more than once with over a million
(22-Mai, 22-Juin) at the time Haiti counted about 5 million people. Jean-Claude
Duvalier himself used to show several thousands. Perry Christie, don’t tell me
you don’t know the recipe. Money, promises, buses, trucks, Chefs sections,
Casecs, pressure…

Topics for lobbyists…

The lobbyists would not talk about many, many cities where people are taking
the streets every day (with more people joining in spite of high risks) to
protest against Aristide. How could it be different with the situation of
misery, deception, insecurity, impunity and uncertainties?

 Neither would they talk about the flawed elections of the year 1997, and the
ones of the year 2000 for which three senators for each Department are chosen.
The senators do not even know when their “mandate” should end; and the
Constitution asks (like US’s) for a difference of two years among them. Thank
you, Préval. Thank you, CEP. Thank you, OAS. Thank you, CARICOM. I am not even
asking you to consult the Constitution. Do you care?

Neither the lobbyists would question the November 26th, 2000 presidential
election when “the most popular” (in time of CRISIS with Clinton economic
sanctions) chose and paid with our money his own competitors. Not one meeting,
not a speech, not a TV appearance but spots (ads) asking people to go massively
to the polls. Do you know what happened? Less than 8% made the move.

 Neither the lobbyists would matter that Aristide promised to cut in half the
“mandate” of his legislators in anticipated elections. Three years are passed
by, that was in Quebec. George W. Bush was there. Jean Chrétien was there. And
the legislators who are in fact his chimè (Simpson Libérus, Nawoom Marcellus…)
went all through. But since Quebec and in every international forum, Aristide
shows up and promises: elections will be held in six months. What a CD! I am
not asking Perry Christie to consult the archives, Perry Christie is not r eal,
he is not innocent…

Do not ask Perry Christie and Dodd and others to watch TNH (National Television
of Haiti where Aristide’s ads, photos, pictures, videos aggressed you every
minute. A hand shaking with any head of State or Prime Minister is run
thousands of times, for weeks. One of he reasons so much money is given to them
(the lobbyists) is to fix the hand shakings.

Shame…

Isn’t it a shame? George W. Bush told a Haitian like us: “This is the last
chance I give you. Don’t lose the opportunity…” Yes it is a shame, but we all
know Bush is right. Can people accept as head of State such a crazy guy, such a
liar? (Serge Pierre-Louis, Haiti 2004-01-18)

--

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup