17988: Lucien: My radio has a problem, Please HELP, HELP

From: Jean-Patrick Lucien <patlucien@yahoo.com>

The story of my friend

I have a friend who owns a nice stereo, beautiful and clear sound. But
lately
he realized that the radio stops working every so often. So every so often
he
goes out and get a new set of speakers and the radio would start working
again
but the problem continues on until one day, a friend of his told him that
maybe
he ought to check out the stereo system and not worry about the speakers.

So he listened, took the stereo to a shop and there it was, the stereo had
short and that was the cause of its problem. The speakers weren^t really
the
source of the problem.

Does that story tell us Haitian something: Well, doesn^t that sound like
what
is going on in our country. For over 200 years, we been killing,
overthrowing,
^dechoukeying^ leaders blaming them for the problems of our country, yet
we
still can^t resolve a damn thing. Maybe we ought to look at our system and
see
what^s wrong with it and then the leaders will know how to bring good
sound to
our ears.

My old History teacher at Canado, Maitre Wesner Emmanuel (Manno) always
had
those word, l^histoire est un perpetuel recommencement (history repeat
itself).  How many times have groups rallied against our government or
leaders
and then later to turn against each other.  From the beginning of our
founding
nation to recently in 86, we never seem to bring a good solution to the
table.
 How many people except to see any different from what happened back in 86
after Duvalier was gone.  Well, I say, consult your history book.

 A lady that has been spreading emails claims, ^Aristide is the problem,
not
the solution^, whether you are for or against Aristide, we cannot solve a
problem without first having a solution. That is where we fall short,
having a
permanent solution to the problem.   A problem is easy to detect (my radio
stops working, easy, change the speaker), but a real solution is always
hard to
find (a short in my system) .

To that I say, HAITI HAS A PROBLEM, WE NEED A SOLUTION, NOT A TEMPORARY
FIX