18056: Senou: The Atlanta Convention: June 25-26: You are invited (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

The Atlanta Convention

THEME:  Linking Haitian Nationals, Haitian
organizations and friends of Haiti

WHEN:  June 25 - 26, 2004

WHERE:  The Auburn Avenue Research Library on
African-American Culture and History. A Special
Library of the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System
*** 101 Auburn Avenue, N.E., Atlanta, Georgia 30303

PARTNER: The Auburn Avenue Research Library on
African-American Culture      and History. NB: The
library provides the local, will advertise the Event,
and will provide all the required materials for the
conferences such as MIC, leaflet and so on

SPONSOR:

AIMS:

1. To provide an opportunity to link Haitian
Nationals, Haitian Organizations and Friends of Haiti
and how this can contribute to the strengthening of
the Haitian Diaspora and its contributions to the well
being of the United States.

2. To provide an opportunity for informed voices from
the Diaspora to become better known within the United
States, informing it of issues important to them
regarding the strengthening of their contribution to
the well being of their respective communities and the
U.S.

3. To provide an opportunity for these informed voices
to reinforce their on-going interest and involvement
in the Haitian Communities in the U.S. and Haiti, and
how this also contributes to the well being of the
U.S.

4. To provide an opportunity to introduce and
strengthen partnership and collaboration between
leaders from within the Haitian Diaspora and others
with similar interests.

5. To showcase Haiti at its highest level thru the
Humanities and to boost the spirit of Haitian
Nationals while celebrating its 200 years of
Existence.

6. To renew friendship with our American Friends and
inform the American public of the role our ancestors
played in the independence of this great Nation.
During the siege of Savannah on October 9, 1779,
without the intervention of our ancestors, the outcome
of the war could have been different. Our ancestors
fought fiercely in defending the coalition force.

7. To establish a Link among Haitian Nationals,
Haitian Organizations and Friends of Haiti

NB: You are responsible for your own transportation
and Logging
Interested to attend or to Speak, Please send an Email
to Alfred at hcrinfor@hcronline.org

Joseph Alfred, Educator
Founder/CEO
of