20033: Wilentz's piece (fwd)

From: Haitian Times <publisher@haitiantimes.com>

I was one of those who learned more details about aristide from
wilentz's book. As a young journalist, I felt the book lacked a certain
balance. Aristide came away as a saint and the subtleties and moral
frailties that are inherent in any human being didn't come across. While
I enjoyed the book, I felt the author was thoroughly seduced by the main
character. I have no doubt that the book increased aristide's value and
it was funny to watch people going to haiti with that book tucked under
their arms. Many of them would later resent the book for getting the
story so wrong.

Garry