20067: Haiti Times: RE: 20052: Leiderman: Haitians -- sleeveless in America? (fwd)

From: Haitian Times <publisher@haitiantimes.com>

I detect a deep sense cynicism from Mr. Leiderman regarding
Haitian-American involvement in helping solve the latest crisis in
Haiti. I don't think we're the only solution, but if you look around the
last 20 years or so, Haitians abroad are one category that's been the
missing ingredient to any solution. "Perhaps" it can work. We and all of
the good will folks on this list can help. I, for one, am willing to
roll my sleeves, yes I do have a shirt. I did so five years ago when I
told the powerful NYT thanks and moved on to launch the Haitian Times,
which I hope has already been front and center and articulating the
issues. I saw this mess coming and that's why I wanted to bring the
community a newspaper that can articulate issues in their complexities
and nuance. I know there are others with long sleeve shirts all over
manhattan and miami. They just need credible and competent people like
themselves involved in helping haiti and they will be on board. I also
hope that people are heeding dreyfuss's call on formulating some policy
and concrete plans for haiti. Let's get to work.

Cheers,

 Garry