20111: Du Tuyau: 10 sad truths (fwd)

From: ViandeMoulue@aol.com

 1- Two new schools burned in Haiti over the last few days, in St-Marc and
 Gonaives. 99 percent burned. Taxpayers' money burned to the ground. Makes
"intellectaul opposition" very happy, I'm sure.

 2- Retribution is word of the day; Mister Charles Henri Baker, and folk
 politician Evans Paul aka K-Plim are asking for Guy Philippe to eat "part
 of the cake", just as the new president did yesterday in inaugral
 address. In the meantime of meanwhiles, no one knows anymore where
 Chamblain is. Probably somewhere in Pótoprens awaiting orders for some
 "serial killings".

 3- Haiti is ravaged. Parc Industriel ravaged yesterday and Sunday.
 Estimates are at 300 million dollars by Neptune, as of early last week. I
 suspect this is just for Pótoprens, and that it is probably as much as 1
 billion dollars if not more for entire country. How do you value artwork
burned, for instance?

 4- The poor is even hungrier today than yesterday, because they have no
 more hope. Although many are getting handouts from the International Red
 Cross and other groups that feed the hungry (they forget that we're all
 hungry for peace and justice, even when our stomach is full of good food
 while living in great countries of the world).

 5- The newly inaugurated university of former president of Haiti is now a
 military base for Marines. The agronomy school/university in Damien is in
 shambles. No more agronomists for the next few years, is therefore a
 worse but potent case scenario.

 6- There is in the psyche of Haitian political elite, no sense of
 collective guilt, collective shame, collective consciousness. That's
 where the real tragedy begins.

 7- The country's culture is walked upon and destroyed with the savage
 burning of Vodou artwork at a national museum in Pótoprens. We elitists,
 are so ashamed of our own culture, that we have to destroy it. We so love
 our "Euro-Americanisn". Maybe that's why "Titid" is in Afrika, where he
 bilong/belong. ("Rejoignez vos racines--Go back to your roots", must have
 commented the French he he he) Sad, sad, sad.

 8- While the party has begun for some, the suffering had increased at
 least by ten fold for most, psychologically, spiritually, intellectually,
 hungry-ly, everything-ly.

 9- Haitian politicians' vindictiveness is so obvious. K-Plim and Baker
 already asking for the arrest of Leslie Voltaire, Yvon Neptune, and so
 on. Once again the victors will tomorrow and soon enough, be victims of
 their own exactions. And number ...

 10- I am afraid that next time around, Haitians will simply eat each
 other alive as cannibals. Except that time, there won't be no
 international community to "rescue" us from "black cannibalism". They
 will simply say: "oh well, it's part of their political ritual; let's let
 them have some fun".

 Folks, it all happened because Konvèjans and their "intellectual" allies
 in Haiti and the international community wanted pouvwa, power, the
 presidential chair, without elections of course. I understand that Titid
 could and even should have resigned, but never thought that we were so,
 so, so, so very low. Worse, we keep on diggging the hole. Kind of remind
 me to sing à la Du Tuyau:

You must keep on digging,
Keep on digging...
Ke-ke-keep-on-digging.

Are we doomed? I hope not.

Haiti, Ayiti, a-HI-ti, ... you are a sad bastard in the Caribbean sea.

Du Tuyau