20181: Goodman: Re: 20126: Esser: Re: 20115: Nealy: RE: 20064 (fwd)

From: Brian Goodman <bdgoody2002@yahoo.com>

I agree with Nealy on this point.  I also reiterate ..what does Haiti have that would benefit the US?  The answer is nothing.  The US has a role in trying to keep democracy in the western hemisphere.  The US will not change the lack of discipline and government that has lead Haiti politics for 200 years.  Haiti's politics are simple...if you don't like the opposition...just kill them.  The only way Haiti will ever prosper will be to stop all of the violent coups.  It is a shame that one of the most beautiful places on earth is also one of the most depressing.  Titid misused his position when he was President.  It is time to move forward but Haiti unfortunately loves to feel sorry for itself and revel in its own misery.