20577: Nealy: RE: 20547: Antoine: Re: 20513: Esser: Constitutionality in Haiti (fwd)

From: David Nealy <dlnealy@msn.com>

M. Antoine,

I did read your message, in spite of the risk of corrupting me (What's that
all about?). I can symathize with some of your points, but you come on too
strong. ("butt-kissing"?)

The reference to the US 2000 election isn't helpful in my opinion. M. Bush
WAS elected according to our constitution, (Read about the electoral
college, etc.;  results of the later probe into the alleged racial denial of
voting...), but many actions taken recently in Haiti by rebels, chimeres,
and Lavalas groups violated the most basic human rights, including life and
limb, not to mention destruction of much needed productive assets. Let's get
this in perspective. The preceding suggests a failure in governance.

Also, the recommendation that American marines should "limit themselves to
distributing potable water, food, medicine, seed,technical knowledge ,
etc..." sounds fine until one asks what they should do if shot at.

In some of the other posts read here, it is encouraging that people address
constructively the current needs of the Haitian people and their many
problems. Let's give the new governing authority a chance and let the old
hatreds and wounds heal.

David

download! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/