20618: JHUdicourt: Re: 20579: Kathleen: Re: 20566: (Hermantin) Miami-Herald-In chaos, a sweet... (fwd)

From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

> Does anyone know which areas in the U.S. normally receive mangoes from
> Haiti?  I would buy but can't here in N.E.; all mangoes I've seen come from
> Mexico or Costa Rica.  kb

Boston does.  Mango Fransik are often available in season at Whole Foods
Supermarkets and small bodegas.  They are quite expensive, about $1.50 each.  They
are not as good as the ones you eat in Haiti because they are picked green.
Boston's Haymarket which sells over-ripe fresh foods sometimes has them cheap,
about $10 for case of a dozen.