20626: Antoine: Re: 20623: Marassas to Du Tuyau (fwd)

From: Guy S. Antoine <webmaster@haitiforever.com>

DeSprit Marassa writes :

>  can we nominate windows on Haiti, chef Antoine or Racine
> sans bout to go helps out??

Dear DeSprit:
Glad you even know about Windows on Haiti.  However, I would
like to make one thing perfectly clear, since we are dealing here with
serious physical threats - regardless of your own intent, this is what
you say:

"lougawou hunt for to find scape goat....some wants heads to be
rolling....you have big head....ergo nasty people might wants to go
bowling..."

So, let me tell you this: If you are looking for Du Tuyau, you can
keep hunting!  I hope no harm happens to his person, whoever he is,
but I do not make salads, I do not have girlfriends clad in Victoria
Secret underwear, I do not contemplate the sky looking for UFO's.
In fact, I have always found the Du Tuyau postings a little bit
disturbing, not because of his satire, which admittedly sometimes
has been great (but I really do not have much patience for forced
bad English - no disrespect to yours).   The reason I have found
the whole thing disturbing is precisely because some time last
year, a few people contacted me to tell me that in discussion with
others, they had come to the conclusion that I was most likely
Du Tuyau.  If that were to be your own conclusion, you would
be most absolutely wrong... and I certainly do not appreciate this
little game that sounds so innocent, but could conceivably have
nasty consequences.

When they became convinced that I was not the man they were
looking for, they then tried to enlist my help in identifying both
Du Tuyau and Marassa.  Well, Marassa, as surely as I am not
DeSprit Marassa, I am not Du Tuyau or Viande Moulue either.
Obviously, you have to take my word for it, or not.  There is
nothing in my power to convince you and others that I can hardly
tolerate bad syntax, though I love satire as much as the next person
and one of my favorite pastimes is to look up theonion.com .
When it comes to Haiti politics, however, I had rather play it
straight up, letting everyone know exactly where I stand, even
when I am a bit satirical, as in my recent piece "Foreign Policy
for a New Century?" which you can find at:
http://haitiforever.com/windowsonhaiti/w040305.shtml .
I know that plenty of people will not like what I have to say in
that piece, but if they do not, at least it's "my opinion".  I believe
in freedom of speech.  That is one of the guarantees of the U.S.
Consitution that I have sworn to respect, when I became an
American citizen.  I do have the right to critique policies that
I do not agree with.  If harm should come to my person, due
to my opinions, then shame on my would-be agressors.  If harm
should come to my person, due to the opinions of others, then
not just shame but ridicule on those agressors as well.

In any case, your words are somewhat unmistakable, but I do
not know who you are, I do not care who you are, but you
should understand the grave danger inherent in those games
you seem to be playing.  We are talking on a list which is
composed of several thousand individuals, not all of which
possess the art of critical reasoning.  So when you jokingly
refer to me as "chef Antoine" and in the very same note speak
of "lougawou hunt for to find scape goat....some wants heads
to be rolling....you have big head....ergo nasty people might
wants to go bowling...", I do have a big head but I am not
amused.

I seriously am not.  I have a responsibility to my person and
to my family.  So, excuse me, but I am not laughing.

Guy S. Antoine
Windows on Haiti
http://haitiforever.com