20671: Jepiem: Re: 20662: In reply to Holmstead's remark (fwd)

From: Jepiem@aol.com

I agree. The Boca Non Const Non elected government has already shown itself
very diplomatically adept by recalling the ambassador to Jamaica who from what
I hear had already packed his bag if he hadn't actually left on the departure
of his boss. In Gonaives there was display of great statesmanship when the
"rebels" who invaded the country illegally after plotting in the neighboring
dominican republic against the constitutionally elected government were branded as
heroes and freedom fighters, to say nothing about the  pending criminal
charges against some of them. Isn't it kind of ironic that the mere presence of
Aristide across the seas in Jamaica is considered by the same as an unfriendly
act? I guess the shoe feels different whether it is on the right or on the left
foot. It was also interesting though very painful to read an only briefly
mentionned casualty of the destruction right after Aristide's departure: the
pillaging mob led some say by a priest ransacked a museum, pulled art pieces
related to vodou off the walls threw them on the streets and set them afire. Must
admit that the current government wasn't yet in place but I doubt if this makes
any difference. Believe me I am only a partisan of the whole country of Haiti
and will praise Aristide where I find that he did right. Remember the old
saying "Plus c'a change plus c'a reste le meme" or as Yogui Bera would say " It's
deja vu all over again" In the meantime we say "Quo vadis Haiti.
Math Jay