21394: Hess: Re: 21381: Esser: Marines raid apartments in Haiti (fwd)

From: DougRHess@aol.com

>From the Stars and Stripes article:

"They also found . . . suspected cocaine and marijuana, some in plain view as
they entered the apartments, either by residents opening their doors to
Marines, or with a sledge hammer."

Just had to note that the writing is unintentionally hilarious: the drugs
were apparently "in plain view" to Marines after they opened the doors "with a
sledge hammer." If you have to use a sledge hammer to get past a door to get a
view of something, I would argue it is not "in plain view" after all. :-)  Then
again, I'm not a student of philosophy, unlike Bob.

Doug Hess
Ph.D. Student,
School of Public Policy & Administration,
George Washington University

Home address:
2114 N St., NW Apt. 23
Washington, DC 20037