21720: Noss: Re: 21692: Nlbo: Is Haiti a French speaking country? (fwd)

From: Haldor Noss <hbnoss@worldnet.att.net>

Greetings,
         A Haitian once went to great difficulties to explain to me in
Creyol that:  Haitians understand French, but we speak Creyol.  "Nous
entendons le Francais, mais nous parlons Creyol."  He was only sure that I
understood him when I carefully explained that I understand (j'entends le)
Creyol, but I speak French.
         The majority of the people Police will be working with on the
streets are not fluent in French.
Hal Noss
Photographer
www.halnoss.com