21761: Saint-Vil Re: Vodou Nation, Spenser St-John and other cynical comedians (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Obviouly, nothing changes with the years. The author of Vodou Nation enjoying
his front seat at Euro-U.S. financed and fueled black fratricide in Haiti, made
a shamelesss sales pitch for his product and compared his experience to that of
another tourist to Haitian suffering, Grahame Greene.

But he could have easily compared his experience to that of Spencer St-John,
author of Where Black Rules White, precursor of "great" voodoo films and books,
beginning in the late 1800s.

[Corbett interjects:  you've confused two books:

1.  Sir Spencer St. John wrote:  HAYTI OR THE BLACK REPUBLIC, 1888
2.  Hesketh Prichard wrote:  WHERE BLACK RULES WHITE, 1900 and 1910.

Bob]

As for the dying Haitians, they are there like a million trees decorating the
set...while the author mingles among the "Dayiva" (tourist guides) with whom he
finds it easier to relate - a question of atomes crochus as they say in frenh -
the language of "that" Haiti - now renamd Saint-Domingue, non ?

Meanwhile, in real life, the Euro--U.S. occupying forces and their agents in
Haiti continue to kill and discart...

What a wonderful world fr those who have the priviledge of enjoying their own
cynical fiction ! Oh What a wonderful world !

Jafrikayiti
«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.jafrikayiti.com