21850: Jepiem: Re: 21831: Laleau: Re: 21800:A comment on Ms Laleau's post

From: Jepiem@aol.com

Ms Laleau, Petion Ville isn't anymore the PetionVille you're talking
about.
Businesses have occupied the old gingerbread homes. The old guard has long
departed either to the neitherland or to "better land" The "bourgeoisie"
has
for long been moving to the borderland of Peggy Ville, Meyotte, La Plaine,
Laboule Kensckoff etc... I don't know how long it has been since you were
in
PetionVille, but the the inhabitants of the peripherical bidonvilles reigh
sovereign and you just don't walk down anymore "under a lampshade" to be
recognized and saluted as a bourgeois, you quickly close the doors of your
businesses and head for the surroundings. By the way, paysants still live
there
as usual. I think to compare the haitian bourgeoisie to the Brahmins of
India
is really quite a stretch.
Math Ja