23763: (seek) Bruno: Jorgen Leth

From: Shirley Bruno <shirleybruno@hotmail.com>

Greetings!
I am a Haitian independent filmmaker based in NYC and I am working on a
experimental documentary on Haitian political music. Although, I was
familiar
with Jorgen Leth as an influence on Dogma filmmakers (especially on Lars
Von
Tier) I only recently discovered Leth's interest with Haiti and his
collection
of work on Haitian politics, art, and culture.  His films on Haiti
intrigue
me and the innovative & surrealistic ideas behind them actually seem
to parallel some of my own. I would love to learn more about his work but
can't seem to find his films anywhere- where's a good and reliable place
start?

I would like to get in contact with him or his production company- I
believe my
own film has international appeal and I'm in search of a producer to
expound on
it and I think he might be interested. Also, I am looking for footage of
protest in Haiti taken over the past 40 years, particularly those that
include
protest song. Any leads would be quite helpful. Thank you.

Best regards,

Shirley Bruno
A Strange Fruit Production
718.774.6148