23868: (reply) kathleen - It has been written here before Re: 23859: (discuss) Hyppolite Pierre; Re Haiti as a Proetctorate (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

Dear Hyppolite Pierre:
    It has been written here before!!!!
    Several times, I have written that, FROM MY PERSONAL OBSERVATION AND
EXPERIENCE WHILE LIVING IN HAITI,  Haitians do not need the Americans to
teach them dirty tricks; they are quite capable of coming up with them on
their own.  Usually, I directed this to Esser, who along with Pina and some
others, always blames the U.S.  This is, I maintain, unconsciously rascist,
to aver that the poor Haitian needs outside help for corruption and lofty
misdeeds. Other Haitian writers on this list, like Daniel Simidor, Morse
(yes, I know he is 1/2 white american, but he LIVES there) Marassa, and
Marina, have pointed out the wrongdoings that were clearly homegrown and
flourishing.
It would be good if the self-analysis continued - there are reasons within
themselves that Haitians fail, and the country will continue to be a
disaster so long as the rallying cry of "se pa fot mwen" resounds.  Kathleen
Burke