24390: Broussalis: Haiti and music

>From Martín Broussalis <martinbroussalis@yahoo.com.ar>

[Folks, Martin is not a list member.  Please write him directly at his
address.  Thanks, Bob]

Dear Mr. Bob:
            I´m a musician and writer from Bs. As., Argentina. (I´m also a
lawyer actually working, too, at the justice).
             Some years ago, by 1994, I was really lucky. I met an haitian here
at Bs. As., and we play togheter in a group. He showed me Kongo, Petwo.. he
told me about the assoto drum; he danced like in the konbit...I was shocked,
really impressed, and I just falled in love with that country and his culture.
             I visited the States many times; and I was lucky to study with
african drummers at NY and Florida.
             I´ve been recently at Florida. I lived in Little Haití and I took
as many lessons as I could with Joseph Senatus Ti-Rouge.
             Back in Bs. As., I play the racine rhythms he teached me. But I
miss the haitians. So I really enjoy your site.
             I´ve never been in Hait -yet-, but I hope some day I will.
             Bob. your advice on haitian rhythms, drums, and culture, will be
like maná from heaven.
             Many thanks for your work and for beeing what -I see- you are,

                                                                         Martín
P.S.: ¿...do you know any haitian living here...? I must visit again the
embassy, but that is just one way to inquire.
     Thanks again.