25753: Jepiem: (reply) Re: 25736 and 25703 (comment) Ce pa fot moin (fwd)

From: Jepiem@aol.com

To me that's enough quibbling on the meaning of the expression "Ce Pa fot
moin" It may have different meanings depending on regions of the country but

me it always meant an insinuation of discharging of responsibility. Like Flip
 Wilson used to say The Devil made me do it. And to me that's exactly what
the  average Haitian means when he says "Ce pa fot moin.". It has never meant
"I'm  sorry" or "I won't do it again" or " I didn't do it. When a Haitian
didn't

do  something bad you'd be well advised not to accuse them of it, for 'honni
soit  qui mal y pense"
Math Jay