25850: Anonymous Re: 25843: Sergioni: Re: 25821: Anonymous: Re: 25811: Benodin: (comment) TWISTING THE TRUTH ABOUT... (fwd)

Please post anonymously

From: Sergioni@aol.com How did we come to the conclusion that the death of this journalist is the work of extremist from the Lavalas camp? Aren't we giving too much credit to Lavalas?

********** Maybe the following sentences have led Sergioni to the wrong conclusion: [[[While Father Jean-Juste uses what I personally consider to be extreme political language in this debate about the fate and future direction of Haiti, concluding that he killed journalist Jacques Roche is a bit over the top.
The way that Roche died has the hallmark of possible extremists from the
Lavalas camp. In the current political atmosphere, it thus makes perfect sense that Lavalas partisans ought to be considered prime suspects. To go from there and conclude, without a shred of either inferred or proven evidence, that Father Jean-Juste was the murderer is at best dubious, at worse dangerous and part of the classic Haitian political lynching. ]]] ************** Sergioni the point is not that we know, that Lavalas committed a crime here. It is not either, that we know that anyone from the Lavalas camp had participated in any way, shape or form in the murder of Jacques Roche. It may not make political sense for Lavalas to get into violence, but is sure is understandable that Lavalas will be and even ought to be the prime suspect in this case. That does not preclude investigators to follow other leads. Au contraire. The point is rather, to pinpoint the danger that comes with the extreme political language used by the most heard voices recently in the Lavalas camp. The State, with the help of international institutions, has to investigate as they seem to be doing now, and allow the chips to fall where they may. Many people have already been aprehended according to press report from Radio Metropole. Those aprehended, apparently include the very person who gave ther order for murdering Jacques Roche. We shall see. We shall find out.