25849: Nlbo: Response to Haiti &Pact with Satan hypothesis (fwd)

From: Nlbo@aol.com

before and I donât know if there is some correlations beyond the natural realm.

I doubt the originator of that Satan hypothesis will ever find the source
beyond âhearsayâ or assumptions. I donât think Haiti was sold to Satan. Though I
believe in a Higher Being, I donât believe there is a Satan. I believe human
beings have created  hostile environments that are destructive to humanity.
Haitians as part of the human race have been affected by such adverse human
creations. It's not" pact" with Satan.

 I have been thinking about the causes that bring Haiti where she is today.
Objectively, I understand each one of us is responsible. However I was thinking
of some numbers in our history and how they relate to common superstitious
beliefs. Since Satan could be related to superstition, numerology and the like,
letâs look at these numbers:

Let's take 1804, the year we became independent. If we add each digit, we get
13.

Let's take the dates of major foreign  interventions in Haiti. Except for
1915
they all end with â4.â

l934 - US occupation ended
1994 - President Clinton sent 20,000 troops to restore democracy
2004 - US/UN intervention

Living in the US, we all know that 13 is not a lucky number.

In Chinese culture, 4 is not a lucky number because it sounds like the same
âwordâ for death in either Mandarin or Cantonese  (don't remember which one).
Some Chinese will not live in a house with a number 4.

When we add 1 and 3 as the total from 1804, we have the Chinese âunlucky 4â
- the word that sounds like death. 1804 ends with â4â of course.
1964- a very dark year in Jeremieâ the vesper of Jeremie  ends with 4.

Ironically donât we have a culture of behaviors and attitudes that cause
environmental, psychological, political and even physical death?

On the other hand, 1492 the year that the Europeans came to America adds to
16 and 1 plus 6 are 7. Are âthe blanâ lucky? Their lucky"7" worked for them?
But we are not.

I don't want to think that. Letâs ALL just stop this culture of hatred,
despotism and death.

I donât know about my fellow Haitian compatriots, but I am sick and tired of
reading about it, of hearing about it, and living that type of destructive
culture and attitudes, especially in the diaspora. On a long term basis, this
destructive culture  will  not benefit  our children in the diaspora, nor will it
enhance our image and reputation in our adoptive countries.

Nekita