26106: From BensonFW: Caribbean sources? (fwd)

From: Legrace Benson <legrace@twcny.rr.com>

LeGrace Besnon:  This new library in Brazil is seeking advice about what to
include in their colleaction.  This is an excellent opportunity for all the
Haitian scholars on this list to send them a list of books on Haiti we think
are essential to the understanding of Haiti and of Caribbean history. Please
mail your suggestions to

frosaribeiro@yahoo.fr

I add that there is a growing interest in Brazil and several other South
American continental countries in the history of Haiti. At last the
connections between Simon Bolivar and Toussaint Louverture, Dessalines,
Christophe and even Boyer and the liberations in other countries re-focuses
on the roles Haiti and Haitians played.  Please send your suggestions.