26752: Slavin (comment): re new books on Haiti (fwd)

From: Patrick <jps390@yahoo.com>

I've been surprised that there haven't been more
postings on the new English languages books that have
published this year by authors Kathy Klarreich and
Michael Deibert. It is a real achievement to publish a
book in the United States about nearly anything that's
important and substantial, especially when it does not
take place in America or involve celebrity --
especially international affairs. So Kathy and Michael
-- I think you're both Corbettiers -- congratulations
-- and folks, add them to your Amazon Christmas lists
-- as they'll be hard to find in West Africa, I will
pick them up when I'm in the States again.

From Liberia, described to me by a Guinean recently as
Haiti's African sister,

Patrick

J.P. Slavin