28879: Craig (reply) rE: 28876: Morse (comment) Tourism and Culture -- Bob Corbett adds

From:  Dan Craig

Thank you, Richard, for sharing your experiences.  The problem is that
for those of us who would like to see Haiti as you describe it, we would
have to pass through Port-au-Prince, and thus deal with its current
dangers.

Not to mention that we wouldn't want to miss stopping by the Oloffson,
preferably on a Thursday evening.

Corbett adds, or rather agrees -- I was thinking the same two things on my walk today after Richard's note, then the three or four that followed it with such wonderful things to say about other areas.

I was trying to figure how to avoid P-a-P altogether, but most of all regretted missing a few days at the Oloffson, one of my favorite places in the world. And the food...., and the veranda in the evenings... and so much more.

Dang.

Bob