28967: Scheerhorn (ask) safety on airport road (fwd)

From: Lynn Scheerhorn <lscheerhorn@ohiocitizen.org>

I am planning to travel to Les Cayes, Haiti in October. I have felt fairly safe about my travel plans until yesterday, when my friend in Les Cayes told me the the kidnapping hot spot is now the road between the two airports.

This 15 minute ride is my only real concern regarding my travel to Haiti. I am trying to decifer fact from rumor. I am aware of trouble along this road, but I was under the impression that the kidnappings were happening as people entered City Soleil. Does anyone know of actual incidents between the two airports??

Thank you.