29136: lyall (discuss) sugar (fwd)

From: Jd Lyall <postmaster@lyalls.net>

We have gone over the sugar production and import quota thing numerous times over the years. How Haiti has a quota for USA imports that it (doesn't bother|cannot) to fill. That is for normal commercial quality sugar I presume.

Yesterday I bought some good sugar at the market. Organic fair trade crystallized cane. There are some variations on the organohippy sugar market, but they are all more interesting than 'brown sugar', which seems to just have molasses added back into processed sugar.

The organohippy sugar which is popular now is not as brown and has a more subtle taste.

Anyway, the sugar I bought at a normal supermarket was from Malawi. Organic Fair Trade Malawi sugar.

Uuh, hello Ministre d'Agricole? d'Commerce? Anyone have any inkling of doing business in the world today? Lets have some Haitian organohippy sugar. Or that great syrop canne packaged in a way acceptable to the Pennsylvania Dept of Agriculture.

Is there any hope of ever getting coffee production up enough to export a noticeable amount? Fair Trade organic Haitian would be nice to find at my Kalifornya Konsciousness raised store.

I can buy good evap canne from Malawi but not from back home in Hayti.