293001: lyall (comment) Cuban Doctors in Haiti (fwd)

from JD Lyall:

I don't know where potemaksonje gets the idea that people are opposed to the Cuban doctors. I've lived around the Dokte Kiban in the countryside. Maybe Haitian doctors don't like them here, but thats the only thing I've heard.

There is also some confusion about the 'reds'. The haitian communists were in the opposition to Aristide. I also don't recall the government of Cuba rallying to the defense of Aristide. As a matter of fact, I recall the Cuban ambassador criticizing the Lavalas government for being dysfunctional and corrupt.