29359: Laforest (Questions) The U.S. occupation of 1915

From: Me Robert Laforest <lawyerha@hotmail.com>

I would like to discuss the situation of Haiti in 1915 and the effects of that invasion on our present situation, if any ...

In 1915:
- were we on the road to finding a true Haitian solution to our devellopment and our success as a country with the capacity to feed its children and provide opportunity if not for all but for most of them? and is that a criteria for success as a country ?

- Did the US, by invading us, change our perception of who we were and the direction in which we were moving as a country and as a community ?

I have notice a general tendency for Haitians to glorify the past of the country without taking into account how our perception of that past affects our present and our future.