29360: Walton (Info) RE: 29359: Laforest (Questions) The U.S. occupation of 1915 (fwd)

From: Robert <rawalton0@excite.com>

Some online references relating to the US ocupation of Haiti 1915-1934

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/haiti19.htm
http://haitiforever.com/windowsonhaiti/am-occup.htm

A Google search using "Haiti 1915" yieled hundreds of returns, all reasonably balanced, none of them complimentary, IMHO.

Regarding whether the invasion/occupation influenced Haitian self-perception, no conclusion can be drawn without first obtaining a valid study of the self-perception that existed prior to the invasion for comparison.  I am unaware of any such study.

Bob Walton