29418: Durban (reply): re. 29415 to Horelle (fwd)

Lance Durban responding to Guy Horelle (#29415)...

And what exactly will we do with one more government-in-exile?  If you
want to do something for Haiti (and for yourself), plan to return to
the island, find a job and contribute.  My parenthetic comment is
inserted because, as many of us in Haiti can report, the quality of
life in Haiti for many is actually much better than that found in the
good ol' USA.

Now, that's something that may be questioned by some, and for sure
there are many in Haiti for whom life is difficult, but my point is
really this:  Your life is what YOU make of it, and if you want to do
something for what you claim as your country, you need to be in that
country to have any impact (short of remitting your dollars).

Lance Durban