30749: Binard reply Re: 30743: Roebling (reply) RE:3027 Kondrat re Lancet (fwd)

From: Marc Binard <islandoc2001@yahoo.com>

I agree fully with Deibert's and Roebling's position
on the Lancet study.

As a practicing internist, I am well familiar with the
spectrum of internal medicine journals including The
Lancet. This journal, while widely read , isnt
considered by academics to be of the same caliber as ,
for example , the New England Journal of Medicine.

I have reviewed the Lancet study in detail and I have
serious doubts regarding the data and the manner in
which it was collected. To rely on anecdotal reports
in a country with no reliable police reports and
understandible reluctance of rape victims to come
forward is, to my interpretation, no better than
repeating gossip and exagerating it for maximum
effect.

Clearly, the investigator had a political axe to
grind. It is laughable that anyone who truly knows
Haiti and its history would reflect on the Arisitide
days as an era of peace , tranquility and personal
freedom.

 Regardless of the investigator's intent,the final
result of the Lancet study was to once again vilify
Haiti and as a violent country filled with violent
people.

It is also laughable that the american blan come to
Haiti to "help" with issues of violent crime and
personal freedom. While I dont doubt that residing in
Detroit  or Oakland makes one an expert in dealing
with rape and murder and dealing with homeland
security makes one an expert in living in a police
state, I dont understand why you dont clean up your
own country before you try to inflict your failed
ideologies on other countries like Haiti.

Marc Binard MD
Abaco, Bahamas

Get your own web address.