#2065: Hope (fwd)

From: oloffsonram <oloffsonram@globelsud.net>

I was out in the provinces today and i saw a small crowd of people
gathered outside a church...maybe twenty or thirty people...some were
getting their voting cards and some were watching...Its begun...there
seems to be a mild enthusiasm for the cards...the enthusiasm could
potentially get stronger...Not to be too optimistic, some are saying
they'll get the cards but may not vote...Some like the idea of a free
identification card with a photo...there's rumors that fake birth
certificates are being made up so that the under-aged can vote...Most
of the press reports are about the destruction of certain electoral
offices...the places where violence has occurred is disproportionately
small compared to places where there hasn't been any violence...
Problems seem to be occurring (hearsay) when people who didn't get
paying jobs at the voting stations get angry...So many people
sacrificed so much for this chance at self determination, I would hate
to see it crumble...

richard morse