#2422: On Dr. Francois Duvalier : a defense of the discussion

From: A. =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E9dard?= <amedard@gte.net>

> It's pathetic that we are even having that discussion about Duvalier. It is
> sad!!

<snip>

I would like to say that I am appreciating this discussion (_both_:   the pro's
_and_  the con's) on Duvalier.  I, personally, would like to see more of this
(but also relating to other people and events) happening in "Corbettland".  It is
only through examining all sides: internal, external, right, left, middle of the
road), that one can gain a more complete, intellectual understanding of who we
were/are, where we were/are and why.  With that understanding, perhaps one has a
better chance to affect change. I invite us all to open our horizons and explore
farther than the four corners of the world we know.