a811: RE: a802: Mardi Gras!!! (fwd)

From: Pascal Antoine <pascal.antoine@verizon.net>

> In 1804 the people of Haiti dedicated the country to Satan in return
> for their freedom...
> You don't have to spend much time here to
> understand that Satan indeed reigns here...

Oh no here we go again, equating Haiti with the devil and blaming some
fabled pact on Haiti's present woes. The constant portrayal of Haiti as
some deep and dark mysterious place, where weird things happen and Satan
rules, encourages people to stay away and obviously does nothing for
Haiti's already tarnished image. What is given to Haiti in the way of
volunteering to provide public works, is quickly taken away when images
such as this are spread.

Pascal Antoine
HaitiXchange
http://www.HaitiXchange.com