a1013: Evangelical Christianity's lucrative, anti-Haiti/racist stupidism (Saint-Vil) (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Dear list members,

In the good name of Jesus, please take a look at how some shameless American
Christians are using this «pact with Satan» propaganda:

http://www.bli.org/default.asp?p=projects&rec=9

« The pact with Satan had been renewed every year until 1997, when a large
group of Christians, after believers all over Haiti had fasted and prayed
for 40 days, marched onto the Bois Caiman site. The voodoo priest hid as
Christians confessed their nation's sin, repented the evil deeds, and
cleansed the place. Since that time, those wishing to renew the pact have
failed and voodoo's hold on Haiti has been weakened as many Haitians are
turning to Christ."

Onward Christian Soldiers !!!!

Having thus set the stage, Bible Literature International now stikes in full
speed. Playing on their fellow countrymen's racist and superstituous
instincts, BLI makes a final religiously-veiled commercial statement:
«These radios will have a tremendous impact on Haitian society, which has
long been spiritually bound by voodoo», and then hits the target audience
with the inevitable climax: « To invest in BLI's life-changing ministry
around the world, go to Donate Now. » In G$d we Trust!

Before we comment any further, here is the same sermon, recycled by another
shameless temple money-exchanger:

"Haiti is the only country in the entire world that has dedicated its
government to Satan. Demonic forces have been sought for political
decisions, and have shaped the country's history."
http://www.geocities.com/gregoryjrummo/satanalive.htm

countered with the threat of a voodoo curse against American troops. "As
Bergen county residents, we regard this as laughable," Rev. Anderson says
seriously. "But remember, they defeated Napoleon's navy with mere sticks and
stones. France's navy was one of the strongest in the world at that time.
There's just no other way to explain it than the spirit world's
involvement."

Other than the obvious desire to rob superstitious people of their savings,
one reason why many Christians (Black and White alike) are still repeating
such outrageous nonsense is IGNORANCE.  For instance, most people don't
realise these basic facts about very christian American democracy.

FACT 1: 60 years after the successful Haitian Freedom proclamation (1803),
slavery was still thriving in Christian America. It lasted so long, there
exists a  tape recording with the voice of human beings who actually
survived American slavery. (http://rememberingslavery.org/) - It is plain
that these state-sponsored crimes did not take place so very long ago - as
some interested folks like to pretend. The tape recorder was already
invented people !!!

FACT 2: for hundreds of years during slavery and a hundred years afterwards,
American Christian families stood hand in hand, cold-faced, singing John
Newton's «How sweet the name of Jesus» while watching innocent (black) men,
women, children being lynched.

« when you have seen vicious mobs lynch your mothers and fathers at will and
drown your sisters and brothers at whim; when you have seen hate-filled
policemen curse, kick and even kill your black brothers and sisters; when
you see the vast majority of your twenty million Negro brothers smothering
in an airtight cage of poverty in the midst of an affluent society...» Rev.
M.L.King

FACT 3: Dr. Martin Luther King's Letter from jail in Birmingham, is a
chilling description of the state of moral bancruptcy  in which Chritianity
in America is bathing.

«I have been so greatly disappointed with the white church and its
leadership». M.L.K.

If they  posess as little as an ounce of honesty in their bone, American
Chritians should realize that they are ill-placed to preach moral values to
anyone but themselves.

worries.  We, Haitians, have already been through hell (for real !) . We've
seen the most wicked and coward human beings in action  - Could this mister
Satan be any more cruel than Donatien Rochambeau, the french general?

People, please save your prayers. Haiti does not need them. What she needs
is for you to make sure your tax money is no longer used to murder Haitians
via FRAPH and other monstruous CIA creations.  What she needs is for people
of all races to truly support the Haitian People as does the U.S.
Congressional Black Caucus, Randall Robinson's Trans-Africa, the Caricom,
Paul Farmer et.al.  Not lip service, not fake prayers, real acts of love -
as Jesus would have done, if he were still alive.

I thank all the list members who send me private «keep-up-the-good-work»
messages. However, I would much prefer that you make your own views known
publically - as it is not really myself who need your kind encouragement. If
I may, please allow me to humbly submit to you that many list members would
also find reassurance in seeing that many others are appaled and refuse to
condone with their silence this vicious «satanic Haiti» propaganda that is
being vulgarised by a klan of very sick-in-the-head people.

A propos, I leave you with the inspirational words of Rev. King.

«I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely
disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable
conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward
freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the
white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers
a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which
is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the
goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who
paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's
freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises
the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Rev. M.L.King.

Jafrikayiti
«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.i-port.net/sd-in-j/