a1027: Re: a1023: Re: a1017 Duvalier protectionism (fwd)

From: kevin pina <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

"The lavalas administrations' policy, on the other hand,
is a true, democratically approved, structurasl adjustment of the whole
economy with the drop in import restrictions as a very central part of the
very official policy. Its had devasting effects, unlike the year-long
experiment of 1985".

Could you please be more specific as to the "devastating effects" of the
Lavalas administration's policies and please elaborate upon the data
compiled as to the earlier "devastating effects" of the program implemented
by Haiti Rice Corporation and Early Corporation. If you have yet to see the
material I made available earlier on the list I will be more than happy to
forward it to you.

Thanks,

kp