#2171: vaccination : Leah Gordon adds (fwd)

From:Leahgordon@aol.com

I have visited Haiti numerous times without a single injection or swallowing
of a malaria tablet - I once suffered terribly in the hands of malaria
tablets - namely Larium - in Rwanda and never propose to do so again. I would
advise taking Echinaecia on the plane on the way to Haiti and acidopholus,
for your stomach, during the stay and also a strong anti-oxidant whilst
staying because the pollution is acutely bad in Port au Prince. But this is
purely an alternative form of protection so don't anyone sue me for this
advise.
Leah Gordon
PS I have both eaten street food and got sick - only once - and eaten it many
times and survived - and enjoyed.