#2356:= Duvalier's catechism

From: Max Blanchet <MaxBlanchet@worldnet.att.net>

"Le Catéchisme de la révolution"
according to Papa Doc's censer-bearers:

It contained litanies, hymns, prayers, doctrine.
It substituted the Roman Catholic explanation of
the Holy Trinity with a Papa Doc version.

(Q) Who are Dessalines, Toussaint, Christophe, Pétion
      and Estimé?

(A) Dessalines, Toussaint, Christophe, Pétion and Estimé
      are five founders of the nation who are found within
      François Duvalier.

(Q) Is Dessalines for life?

(A) Yes, Dessalines is for life in François Duvalier

(This same question and answer were listed fot the other
four historical figures)

(Q) Do we conclude then that there are six presidents for
      life?

(A) No, Dessalines, Toussaint, Christophe, Pétion and Estimé
      are five distincts chiefs of state but who form only one
      and the same President in François Duvalier.

And then the "Lord's Prayer:"

"Our Doc who art in the National Palace for life, hallowed be
Thy name by present and future generations. Thy will be done
at Port-au-Prince and in the provinces. Give us this day our
new Haiti and never forgive the trespasses of the antipatriots
who spit every day on our country; let them succumb to
temptations, and under the weight of their venom, deliver
them not from any evil ..."

Source: Diederich, Bernard and Burt, Al, "Papa Doc,"
              pages 283-284, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1969