#2501: an inexpensive Haitian Art place (fwd)

From:Nlbo@aol.com

I was in the Bloomfield area in New Jersey for the first time this past
several days.

I came upon a Haitian Art "store "located on 176 1/2  Broad St. in
Bloomfield. It looks very nice. The owner Cathy Dorval is not a curator or an
artist. She seems to be  another Haitian entrepeneur who opened  a small
business, a "Haitian art store"  or"boutique". This is not Centre D'art. I
don't know if I should call it an Art gallery either though I see  a
potential for that . I mentioned it because  this is the only place that I
have been able willing to buy  a piece of Haitian  artifacts outside of
Haiti. The store looks appealing and the prices are extremely reasonable.
Nekita