#2514: Answer to Ange Perrault (fwd)

From:Racine125@aol.com

<< Claiming and acting responsibly as a pitit Ginen today is still like
living as an outcast and being the target of protestant missionaries and
still, in some places, of the Catholic church.>>

Not to mention the fact that one's employment is then in jeopardy!  This is
just as true in the USA as it is in Haiti.

<< I do not blame those who have chosen another path. We have to feel for
those
 who lack convictions and courage. They are the victims of centuries of
 intolerance, brainwashing, and others refusal to recognize their dignity and
 their basic rights. They act in self-defense.>>

This is very true, and it is helpful to keep reminding ourselves, when
confronted with rude, arrogant, even physically aggressive "levanjil".

<< It might be why, in Vodoun, we have chosen to keep an oral tradition.  >>

Well... I wouldn't say chosen.  If more Vodouisants knew how to read and
write, things might be different.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html">http://
members.aol.com/racine125/index.html</A>