6715: Re: 6620: RE: 6592: Re: Pelin tet (fwd)

From: C&C Henrius <carolineislands@hotmail.com>

I asked a few different people about this phrase.  Of course the literal
translation is "head trap" which doesn't tell us much.  Most of the Haitians
I asked said it is a trap for catching birds.  The Artibonite folks
specifically named a bird (toutrEl) that eats rice seed out of the ground
before it gets a chance to grow.  The women I asked heard the word "pelin"
and made big jokes about loose women, but that's another story...