7638: Re: 7631: A Radical-Populist View Of The Invasion Of Haiti (fwd)

From: VYeghoyan@aol.com

<< For its account of the recent U.S. occupation of Haiti, author Stan Goff's
 book merits comparison with Bob Shacochis' 'Immaculate Invasion.' At the
 start Goff declares loudly that he is not a writer, and the book does have
 some organizational flaws that betray him as a novice. But his best passages
 are better than most pros could offer.

Just when I think I am beyond being shocked about things that happen/have
happened/will happen in this country--especially as it involves the American
government--I read something like Stan Goff's book and am shocked as if for
the very first time.