7709: Re: 7694: Re: 7668: Loup Garou -Dorce comments (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< This is less a case that there are actual loup garous, than a case for,
"if
 you live by the sword, you die by the sword".  Citing my husband the artist,
 he says that if you use Vodou for greed or to do harm, it will come back to
 bite you.>>

"My husband says, my husband says...."  We have heard over and over what a
wonderful, charming, amazingly talented, sexy, spiritually pure paragon of a
person your husband is, but is your husband a Houngan?  Is he even kanzo?

<< Paying to get the lwa to serve you is like making bad karma. >>

It is standard operating procedure in Vodou, sorry to inform you.  I didn't
make up
this religion, I found it that way.  Attempts to impose the Judeo-Christian
value system on Vodou are culturally arrogant.

Vodou is DIFFERENT from Christianity - why should it not be?  When the
Africans of the late 1700's sent their neighbors into slavery in Haiti, they
felt justified in doing so, and when the Africans in Haiti in the late 1700's
invoked the lwa against the French, they also felt justified in doing so.
Vodou is about power, not about morality in the Christian sense.

And of course this world-view resonates in other areas, politics for
instance.  That is why Haiti has long been governed by the will of the
President, who comes to power through whatever means, rather than by the
provisions of the constitution.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb