7799: Five-Year Plan to Fight AIDS (fwd)

From: Dan Craig <dgcraig@att.net>

>From the CDC News Update of 8 May 2001:

"Haiti Launches Five-Year Plan to Fight AIDS"
Agence France Press (05.08.01)

     "We don't have the money but we do have the will to lead the battle
against AIDS," Haitian President Jean Bertrand Aristide said yesterday
in a ceremony kicking off a UN-backed project to fight the epidemic.
Approximately 300,000 of the nation's 8 million citizens have AIDS,
which kills 40,000 Haitians annually. The initiative is also aimed at
showing solidarity with Haiti's 85,000 AIDS orphans. "Don't point at
people who have AIDS, rather give them your hand," said Public Health
Minister Henri Claude Voltaire.