7817: Re: 7799: Five-Year Plan to Fight AIDS (fwd)

From: Easytat@aol.com

Having a five years programme to fight HIV/AIDS in Haiti is a good
initiative.  The people needs such a program.  I hope the government will not
concentrate the money for the programme in Port-au-Prince.  Sure
Port-au-Prince has lots of HIV/AIDS incidences, but our "Provinces" are
affected as well.  The money must be decentralize to serve the needs of all
Haitians, not only people in Port-au-Prince.
And also I hope this money will go under the table as it always does in
Haiti.  In order for such a programme to work accordingly, there must be a
watch on how the money will be spent.  Programme workers must be people who
know the matter of HIV/AIDS, not the family of the people who are in charge
of the program, practice that is common in Haiti.
I hope that this allocation of money for HIV/AIDS intervention can bring
about some changes in the lives of the Haitian people.